I've done a lot of Books I Like before, usually one each month, and I think I've mentioned my favorite blogs before (maybe for my one month-a-versary), but I don't talk much about other blogs, so I'm going to link you up today. This way, I can continue relaxing after a very busy day, and I'll also not feel guilty because hey, technically this post counts for Typical Tuesdays.
- In which I want to be a person by Sarah Bessey.
- Absolutely Nothing by Katherine Willis Pershey (this also happens to be our church's sermon from two weeks ago).
- Be afraid that it won't be, a letter to Hilary by Preston Yancey.
- Listening... by Rachel Held Evans.
- Jesus Has a Loose Tooth by Erin Grasse (a fellow Wesley blogger, on her third week of Christian camp counseling).
- The Very Worst Trend Ever by Megan Hill.
- I Am More than the Length of My Skirt by Danielle L. Vermeer.
- And just in general, Hogwarts Seminary, a Tumblr about seminary seen through the world of Harry Potter gifs. Example:
|Any time someone brings up predestination. (source)|
I always end up recommending eight things. Funny how that works. And now an update on today: I went to the Tai Chi class our church offers on Tuesday mornings. I had no idea what Tai Chi was going in, but it was fun and relaxing (and made my back feel much better--it's been hurting since I got back from Florida), and I had a really great talk with our parish nurse afterwards. Then I went to a lovely tea/luncheon hosted by my dear friend, after which I window shopped with another dear friend and went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings (and actually had wings for the first time, and realized, I like spicy, as long as it's not very spicy). I was out of the house from nine to eight.
Tomorrow, I think I'm going to watch The Two Towers extended edition, eat hummus, and prepare for worship on Sunday. It's going to be a good day.
Peace be with you.